Online - Communication Instructor
|Institution:||Indiana Wesleyan University|
|Position Type:||Online Adjunct|
|Founded in 1920, Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) is an evangelical Christian comprehensive university of The Wesleyan Church. IWU is the largest school in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) with over 3,200 traditional students on the main Marion, Indiana campus and another 12,200 adult learners at regional sites throughout Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio, and online. |
Within the state of Indiana, IWU has become the fastest-growing university and the largest private university in total enrollment. IWU is ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the Best in the Midwest master's universities, is listed among "America's 100 Best College Buys," and is recognized as a certified "Best Christian Workplace".
|Adjunct faculty of the School of Business and Leadership will be responsible to teach adult students curriculum established by IWU in our facilitator model of instruction as opportunities become available. Online courses meet in the Blackboard environment throughout each week for 5-6. Each course may include up to 25 students. |
Adjunct faculty members will:
* Demonstrate expertise in their content area
* Facilitate engaging individual and group instructional activities
* Motivate students to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process.
* Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
* Utilize appropriate technology for instruction (e.g. Power-point, Blackboard, Internet Resources)
* Incorporate Biblical principles into their content area
* Communicate with all IWU constituents in a professional and academic manner
* Take advantage of teaching moments and other communication opportunities through the use of weekly announcements and emails.
* Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
* Respond to student questions within 24 hours of requests.
* Grade student assignments, giving substantive feedback and critical evaluation, within one week of the due date for the assignment.
* Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies
* Fulfill three faculty development sessions per year.
* Complete other tasks as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Do not send resume or supplemental materials to IWU until requested by the Faculty Recruiting Department. Candidates will be contacted personally with additional instructions if needed.
According to the Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
Ph.D in Business Communication, English, Communication, Rhetoric, or a similar major; five years experience of college-level teaching in the field, or a speechwriter/maker.
* A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
* An ability to model and communicate the Christian experience to students as related to life and learning
* Competence in MS Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint).
Indiana Wesleyan University may contact you if your credentials qualify for another position.
|The final candidate(s) selected must have the ability to pass a comprehensive background screen. |
Indiana Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse learning community of committed evangelical Christians from all racial and ethnic backgrounds.
|Contact:||Human Resources |
Indiana Wesleyan University
|Online App. Form:||https://www.cytiva.com/indwes/ext/detail.asp?jobid=indwes81250|